Saturday, July 15, 2006

I'm spreading (yes, like a fungus)

I've had this blog for a couple of years now (though you'd never know that based on the total number of posts). However, the various fandoms that I follow (mostly for fanfiction) have been shifting increasingly to livejournal, and it's frankly been getting kind of annoying to post reviews and such. Not to mention the increasing number of friends-locked journals with interesting-sounding stories. So: brand spanking new journal.

After some deliberation, I decided that since the driving force behind the whole existence of it was fanfic, I would make that the focus of that journal. (Plus, I've been meaning to do some reviews/recs for a long time now.) Personal commentary will still go over here at Personal Brain Dump. (Since to the best of my knowledge, Chris, you're not into fanfic, I think you will approve of this plan.)

For the record, I really wouldn't expect regular updates or expansive replies in the livejournal anymore than you get them over here.

Edited to add: You'll notice, I decided to fix up the place a little while I was at it.

2 comments:

Chris said...

It is very pretty - although I liked the old colors as well.

I enjoy reading a good fan fiction; my problem is I'd like to write one but I'd hate to write a good one and not be able to publish it.

Mind you, I don't even submit the stuff I do write so it really isn't that big of a deal. Although the Harry Potter slash fic is a bit... twisted.

Risha said...

You like fanfic and never mentioned it to me? Ok, you're in trouble now. :)

But fear of not being able to publish it? You do realize that there are vast archives out there that accept anything reasonably well written? (Not to mention the ones that take anything at all - you can use correct spelling and puncuation, so you're already better than those.)

And I love twisted Harry Potter slash. Give! Give!